Friday, December 30, 2016

May Christmas Stay With You

❄ Merry late Christmas, dear readers! I hope you had a joyous day. ❄

Although Christmas day has come and gone, I think one of the most important things for us to do now is for us to keep the Spirit of Christmas in our hearts. I woke up the day after Christmas and thought "now what?" There were presents to enjoy, yes, but what were the presents if I would be so soon to forget the sense of peace that came from remembering that my Saviour loved me to much to come to earth and redeem me from my sins and short comings?

O Holy night, the stars are brightly shining;
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Til He appeared and the soul felt it's worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees
O hear the angel voices
O night divine!
O night when Christ was born
O night divine!
O night, o night divine!

May you always remember that holy night, and may we say as Mr. Scrooge did in The Christmas Carol
"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."

God bless us, every one!
Love ~ S. F.

P. S.
You may remember that in 2014 I started a "Photo a Day December" photo challenge. I shared the photos for the first week, but not the rest of the month. To be truthful, I didn't take photos throughout the whole month, but I do have have several that have been waiting in a draft since then and I might as well share them now. So here are some Christmas pictures for you~

Day 11: "Up close".

Day 12: "Listen". (↓Wonderful Christmas CD if you like Celtic music.↓)

Day 13: "Star."

Day 14: "Recipe". (My siblings made a Christmas cake, and I stood by taking picture.)

Day 15: "Shopping".

Day 17 & 22: "Tree" and "Lights."

 Day 18: "Want". (The Gothard Sisters new Christmas CD!)

3 comments:

  1. Merry (late) Christmas S.F.! And happy 2017! Lovely post. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's already past Mid-January, but your post deserved at least one more comment so here I am. ;)

    It does my heart so much good to hear how sincerely you adore your Saviour and how truly you understand why we celebrate His birth and life. Thank you for sharing your testimony with the world. <3

    YOU + THE CAMERA = wonderfulness beyond words (ahhh, I see why a picture speaks a thousand words!). You inspire me to not forget the details...sometimes they are most beautiful of all.

    Hugs + loves,
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two angels! You bless my life tremendously as a friend and a sister. Thank you, SW and Les!! You both help to make my days brighter. 💖

    ReplyDelete

Hullo there, friend! I am thrilled you are here. :)
Comments are always such a blessing.
Just remember Colosians 3:23–24: “And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; … for ye serve the Lord Christ.”
To God be the Glory!
~ S. F.